cyanide and happiness

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Saturday, February 20, 2010

the easiest prey - a captive unaware - Breaking Free

he has the amazing ability to always let me down



he'd get angry.


i must be incredibly dense it took me too long to realize he is an alcolholic


he'd throw things and he'd hit things and he'd hurt us


the whole time i tried to figure out


what was i doing to make him that way


what mistake did i make


how did i somehow hurt him to make him act that way.


now i have some distance from that madness


the one thing i can see now, that i couldn't see before.


it wasn't me, it was him.

it wasnt me, i was not the reason he would drink


i am not the reason he would get angry.


i am not the reason he would hurt me and hurt others




i was alright before


i will be alright again


every man has got his breaking point


the click he hears






i fear we're in the dark before the dawn.


before i heard the promises


long before this, i shook the Hand of Grace

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey,

I came accross your blog when I was looking for the song the lyrics of which are in this post. Do you maybe know its title?
Please, I've been looking for it for ages!

pamjean48818 said...

Believe it or not. i got this from an episode of Felicity. Ben was talking about his father. It was sooo relevant to a relationship i was in at the time...that had ended. i heard the song and tried to catch the lyrics...still do not know the title.